Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Elitist

I have a feeling I’ve been kind of snobbish lately.  Not outwardly, but in my head.  I read something that an ex-friend had written and I immediately thought “wow, I’m better than you.”  I don’t know when I turned out like that.  I don’t even know if it’s necessarily a bad thing.

I mean, sure.  It’s not a good thing to be too elitist.  But I also don’t believe all people are equal.  Some people are either destined for bigger things or just handle things in a better way than others.  That doesn’t mean there’s a single individual who is better than everyone.  While someone may be better in one area, they will fall behind in others.  For example, although I’m a better writer than, say, said ex-friend, I also cannot draw as well as them.

Who knows.  Perhaps I’m just having “realizations of grandeur” tonight.  I don’t always recognize that I’m an awesome person, though I know I must be because people who I feel are QUALITY PEOPLE think I am.  It’s amazing what some self-confidence will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment