Friday, August 6, 2010

No more

I have changed a lot in the past few years. So much so that I often wonder if my old friends would even recognize me these days. I don't think they seem to, really. But really, who cares? It just really amazes me that I'm nearly a different person now than five years ago.

The way I dress is slightly different. I'm still in mostly T-shirts and jeans, but those jeans aren't ripped hand-me-downs from my husband. I actually have new clothes, which is something that my ex never saw fit to get for me.

The music I listen to is very different. I rarely listen to Japanese bands these days, instead choosing more diverse music. I've gotten back into older bands that I used to enjoy and, likewise, I've discovered music that a certain Music Nazi wouldn't approve of at all. And I've even started singing again, which has increased my moods greatly.

Alright, so this post is mostly about how shitty my ex treated me. I never get to vent about it, not really. So I'm doing it now. I need to get it off my chest, since I think it's the last thing I really need to move past everything. I was treated poorly, but now things are much better. And I'm so glad for that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go! Gotta move on and stand strong, move out of the past...it's nice that things have gotten better for you and you're feeling very happy about that.

    ReplyDelete