Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Irritants

I have been terribly irritated lately.  Between the heat and the self-doubt, it’s all starting to feel like a bit much.  Minor things have started to bug me, such as the way people address me.  I feel silly calling people out on it, so I don’t say anything, but in my mind, I kind of stew about it.

Mostly I think I’m irritated at myself.  I’ve finally started in on the public release of our Hellion project.  If you’re interested, you can read more here if you’re truly interested in my prose.  It’s nothing fancy and nothing too risqué (that would be over on FetLife, since I’m not 100% sure on deviantArt’s policies regarding sex scenes).

Part of me wishes that I were a better writer.  That’s what makes me so irritated about all of this.  I cannot get the correct words out that I wish to say, though at the same time, I know that the only way to become a stronger writer is to continue to write.

The problem becomes that I love my writing right off the bat, but the more I re-read it, I think it’s terrible.  Even this blog entry was rewritten three or four times before I had to stop myself from deleting and just push the publish button.

I’m sure this will all pass.  I know the weariness of last week certainly has, so this irritation can’t last too much longer.  Perhaps if I can get Akri’s permission to reach an orgasm tonight, that will help…

No comments:

Post a Comment