Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Criminal

I’ve been working on writing something for a while. Nothing definite, nothing solid. Just kind of planning it in my head, hoping something awesome would come out of it. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen, so I’m just going to write what I can, since that’s what Akri has requested of me.

I’ve come to realize that, in a lot of ways, I’m a bad person. But I’m OK with this. I like who I am. I like what I’ve become. Life is certainly more interesting this way, at the very least. And it’s not like I don’t have those who love me for exactly what I am.

But I realize I’m not the powerless and weak little girl that others have tried to force me to be my whole life. I realize they kept me down because they were scared. Scared of what I was, of what I would become. And if it sounds narcissistic of me, then I’ll gladly claim that title.

The last few days have helped me more therapeutically than the last few years have. And I have to thank the losers from my past for that. So enjoy it while I flip you the bird and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment