Monday, January 25, 2010

Meditation Monday

Today, I have served Master by showing interest in improving the skills I already possess. It's one thing to discover or work on new talents and quite another to hone ones that I've already realized I have. In doing so, I can serve Master more efficiently. Practice makes perfect, after all.

Tomorrow, I can further serve Master by trying something new. While it's good to stick with what one knows, it's also good to try new things. If I can expand my repertoire of knowledge or skills, I can be even more useful to Master and will continue to make his life easier.

One thing that can help with my servitude is never giving up. It's something I do far too often and far too quickly and it's something that definitely needs to change. By giving up too soon, I never reach the end goal and everything ends up a bigger mess than if I had never tried. But if I keep pushing and succeed, then that's all the better. Even if I fail, at least I had tried my best instead of giving in and never knowing.

My goal in serving Master is improve myself as a Jack-of-all-Trades. I like that I have the ability to do nearly anything I put my hand to. I don't necessarily have to be the best, but if I can push myself hard enough to do the best I can and improve my skills, then I'll be better off if I only had one or two skills I was really good at.

Through my service, I hope to learn how I can improve the lives of others while serving Master at the same time. I have a feeling that if I can be useful to people, they won't want to keep leaving me the way that they sometimes do.

A moment in my life that lead to my servitude was the joy I felt the first time I got to play hostess to a party. I was serving drinks and food and just doing things that I now associate with my service to Master. It just felt right and it's something that I've been chasing after ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment